To evaluate its researchers, INED has an Evaluation Committee made up of an equal number of external and internal experts. The Committee also determines degree equivalency and selects candidates who may proceed on to the final researcher hiring or promotion phase.
In accordance with current regulations, the Evaluation Committee is composed of
—six scientific experts from outside the Institute, appointed by the Director on approval from the Board of Administration;
—six Institute researcher representatives elected by their INED colleagues.
Appointed Committee members
- Chair: Patrick Heuveline, professor of sociology at the International Institute of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), USA
- Philippe Boquier, professor at the Center for Demographic Research of the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium
- Jean-Michel Decroly, professor at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium
- Séverine Gojard, senior researcher at the Institut National de la Recherche en Agronomie (INRA), France
- Arnaud Lefranc, professor of economics at the Université de Cergy-Pontoise, France
- Sara Randall, professor of anthropology at University College of London (UCL), UK
Elected Committee members (INED)
- Fabrice Cahen, researcher
- Emmanuelle Cambois, senior researcher
- Anne Lambert, researcher
- France Meslé, senior researcher
- Delphine Remillon, researcher
- Laurent Toulemon, senior researcher
Researchers do not sit on juries for selecting senior researchers through external competitive examination.