Guest doctoral student

In addition to resident doctoral students, Ined also hosts PhD students for shorter periods from one month to one year (guest students).
It is a temporary supervision by an Ined researcher for PhD students which doctoral studies in other institutions.

  • For doctoral students registered at outside institutions :
    Applications to host researchers are made in response to calls for incoming mobility issued by the Department of International Relations and Partnerships (DRIP). Applications must be submitted by the host researcher. More information on this page.

  • For PhD students registered at a French institution :
    Hosting applications can be made all year long through the following procedure :

Eligibility :

  • Be enrolled in a doctoral program at a French university
  • Have funding (for example through a doctoral contract) throughout the duration of the hosting
  • First request for hosting for a maximum of 6 months, renewable once
  • The hosting must occur before the end of the fourth year of the theses

Documents to be provided by applicants :

  • Completed application form (download from this page)
  • Cover letter explaining why you are interested in a hosting at Ined in the doctoral program
  • CV
  • Theses project
  • Letter of support from your theses supervisor
  • Lettre or mail of support from an Ined supervisor

The completed form and the supporting documents must be sent to the following address :