- World population trends
- The population of Africa (study methods, demography, health)
- Mortality and causes of death
- The demography and health of twins
- The didactics of sciences in demography
(multimedia, web sites, exhibitions).
Gilles Pison tell us about the publication "Population and Societies"Read the interview
- Pison G., Masquelier B., Kante AM., et al."Estimating mortality from external causes using data from retrospective surveys: a validation study in Niakhar (Senegal)". Demographic Research, 2018, 38 (32) : 879–896.
- Pison G., Monden C., Smits J., "Twinning Rates in Developed Countries: Trends and Explanations". Population and Development Review, 2015, 41(4) : 629–649.
- Pison G., Hill K., Cohen B., Foote K. Population Dynamics of Senegal. National Academy Press, Washington, 1995, 254 p.
- Professor at the French Museum of Natural History
- Professor at the Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech
- Editor in chief ofPopulation and Societes
- Member of the scientific advisory board of The Elfe study
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the Campus Condorcet