- World population trends
- The population of Africa (study methods, demography, health)
- Mortality and causes of death
- The demography and health of twins
- The didactics of sciences in demography (multimedia, web sites, exhibitions).
Gilles Pison tell us about the publication "Population and Societies"Read the interview
- Pison G., Monden C., Smits J., "Twinning Rates in Developed Countries: Trends and Explanations". Population and Development Review, 2015, 41(4) : 629–649.
- Helleringer S., Pison G., Masquelier B., et al., "Improving the quality of adult mortality data collected in demographic surveys: validation study of a new siblings' survival questionnaire in Niakhar (Senegal)". PLoS Medicine, 2014, 11 (5): e1001652.
- Pison G., Hill K., Cohen B., Foote K. Population Dynamics of Senegal. National Academy Press, Washington, 1995, 254 p.
- Professor at the French Museum of Natural History
- Professor at the Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech
- Editor in chief of Population and Societes
- Member of the scientific advisory board of The Elfe study
- Member of the scientific advisory board of the Campus Condorcet