- World population trends
- The population of Africa (study methods, demography, health)
- Mortality and causes of death
- The demography and health of twins
- The didactics of sciences in demography (multimedia, web sites, exhibitions).
Population, Climate and Environment
Disparities in health and mortality
Mortality and health in the South
- Torres C., Caporali A., Pison G., "The Human Multiple Births Database (HMBD): An international database on twin and other multiple births". Demographic Research 2023, 48 (4) : 89–106.
- Monden C., Pison G., Smits J., "Twin Peaks – more twinning in humans than ever before". Human Reproduction 2021, 36 (6) : 1666–73.
- Pison G., Beck B., Ndiaye O., et al."Profile: Mlomp Health and Demographic Surveillance System (Mlomp HDSS), Senegal". International Journal of Epidemiology, 2018, 47 (4) : 1025–1033.
- Pison G., Monden C., Smits J., "Twinning Rates in Developed Countries: Trends and Explanations". Population and Development Review, 2015, 41(4) : 629–649.
- Pison G., "Population observatories as sources of information on mortality in developing countries". Demographic Research 2005, 13 (13) : 301- 334.
- Pison G., Couvert N., "The Frequency of Twin Births in France. The Triple Influence of Biology, Medicine and Family Behaviour". Population-E, 59 (6), 2004, 765-794.
- Pison G., Hill K., Cohen B., Foote K. Population Dynamics of Senegal. National Academy Press, Washington, 1995, 254 p.
- Professor at the French Museum of Natural History
- Professor at the Ecole des Ponts Paris Tech